Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Finishing Touches on the Big Projects

Last night, my wonderful mother came over one last time and we finished painting my kitchen cabinets.  I have had fans on them since 7pm yesterday in hopes of them drying enough to put pots & pans & food away.  The kitchen is the last big project of the house, then we can start getting rid of all the massive boxes that are making Eric claustrophobic.

And while the paint dried last night, I started my Christmas present wrapping.  I am not quite finished shopping (2 more to go) and I have to make some granola but I am feeling good.  I can't believe the holidays are already upon us.  We have two Christmas parties this weekend and then...Christmas is here.

I am very thankful that the house is coming together in time to actually enjoy Christmas and possibly take some time away to spend with friends and family as opposed to living with paint in my hair.

I am so grateful to everyone that came and helped and all the people who so graciously offered their time.  We are so blessed to have such wonderful family and friends.

And on top of everything, we still cut down a Christmas tree.  It may only be 2' tall this year, but its still there, lit up with ornaments standing in our corner  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment