Saturday, December 19, 2009

First Attempt at Being Crafty

For Christmas, several of us went in on a gift for my sister-in-law who lives in California.  The item is very large so we had it shipped to someone already there so its ready and waiting when she returns.  This makes for one problem, how do you let her know what you got her?  I definitely wasn't going to cut out a receipt/picture and just give her that....BORING.

So, I thought up a creative way to let her know what her present was from all of us.  And in order to prove I have a small, but growing crafty bone I took pictures to document it.  Plus, posts with pictures are always more interesting.   We got her something for making clothes, so I thought it would be cute to give her a paper doll.


I found images online, but had to make sure they were big enough to withstand a pretty good size increase.  I printed them all on cardstock paper to avoid tears and bought a sturdy piece of posterboard.


I cut each out leaving taps at the shoulders so she could "dress" her doll.  In order to prevent damage when she dresses her doll, I reinforced it with the posterboard I purchased.

I bundled everything in to a cute box and put a little note inside stating "just something to help get you started".

I am so very excited to give it to her.  As you can gather from her gift, she is also crafty.  I hope she enjoys it as much as I do.

So, there is my first original crafting experience.  I can't wait to do more, but I may have to wait until next week since we can three Christmas parties this weekend and I have yet to make food for them.

Happy Holidays :)

1 comment: