Monday, February 22, 2010

Amazing Friends

Yesterday I spent probably too much time online with my mom.  I was showing her my ideas for bedding, decor, themes, etc.  Which I'm not complaining about, it was definitely loads of fun.

But on to actual projects...The attic has the electric done and Taylor will start refinishing everything this week.  It's crazy to think that it could be done in as little as 3-4 weeks.  The only downfall is that I will have yet another room to paint.  I told Eric that after the attic's done, I would like a break from projects.  Whether he actually takes a break is another story.

Last week Eric and I started talking to my parents about organizing a fund raiser to help with the costs associated with international adoption.  I'll be honest; I wasn't too keen about adding more paperwork and planning on top of my work, school and adoption responsibilities.  But I knew that it was something we HAD to do.  We had to work at compensating some of the cost.

Well, last week I spoke with our wonderful friend Robb.  He asked me the ideas we came up with and then told me not to worry.  What?!  Yes, he offered to take on all responsibility for planning our fund raiser.  He said his goal was for us to just show up and that he and other incredible individuals would handle the rest.  How awesome is that?!

The planning has begun and without any added stress on my end.  Wow!

That leaves me to focus on having an immaculate house this week for when our social worker comes on Wednesday.  My mom offered to come Tuesday afternoon to deep clean, what a great mom. 

Well, there you have it; another day, another update.

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment