Thursday, March 4, 2010

Craftiness....and a mini-update

Hello All!

First, I just want to thank you all for following us through this journey.  I know that it's been a whirlwind of paperwork which usually isn't the most entertaining topic.  But, it's all part of the process so we talk about it.

There is not much to report on except that the few remaining pieces for our home study are in.  That means I am just waiting on our agent to review everything so we can get a finished copy and send it off to immigration.  These are the times that I need to be patient, which I think will be the hardest.

So, instead of a lengthy post about adoption updates or lack thereof, I thought I'd show you some of my craft skills (they are not that extensive :)

I get together with a few girls every Tuesday to watch Project Runway and Biggest Loser but thanks to the Olympics, Biggest Loser hasn't been on.  During its hiatus, we decided to do a little crafting.

Here are some things I made.

 
 

I made a couple of hair clips, including a brown one, which isn't shown.



These earrings are made from buttons, how CUTE!  I made two pairs total, but only have photos of these.  The other pair are brass with a sweet design on them.  They are my new favorites.  You can't beat homemade accessories.  No one will have anything like them :)

Another small piece of fun news is that our new camera came in.  Actually its Gorilla's camera, but it will remain at our house for a significant amount of time.  We have definitely spent some time already learning all of the new features.  We have mostly made videos.  I will have to post one for your enjoyment.  Its a Canon EOS 7D.



I am pretty reliant on Eric to show me how things work, but I should get the hang of it in no time.  Then, watch our world, Teresa has a new camera!  It will be a goal of mine to use it a lot, I am not usually good about taking photos but with a kid coming I am going to try to do better.  I guess we will just have to wait and see if it actually happens :)

No comments:

Post a Comment