Monday, March 1, 2010

Viewed Our Home Study Draft

Last night I got an email from our social worker.  She has already finished the draft of our home study.  Eric and I spent some time reading through it and filled in some blanks.

This morning, I was able to send it back to our social worker and also send it along to our agent.  The agency always looks it over before it's finalized to make sure that everything they require is included. 

Once everything is finalized, I put it all together (with lots of supporting documents) and send it off to immigration to await approval and our appointment for fingerprinting.  I was so giddy about it this morning, about how fast and smooth everything is going.  But I got a buzz-kill.  Our agent said that is takes 1-2 weeks until they are able to review the home study, which means it will be at least that long until I am able to get the finalized version.  Sad day.

It's a little frustrating, but I have to remember that it's only been 2 months since we started this journey.  We personally know people who waiting 3+ years, so I have to make a conscious effort to keep that in perspective.  And, just because it's going smooth now doesn't mean we won't have problems further down the line.

It's a difficultly that comes with being someone who needs instant gratification.  I think that the time I spend waiting, not having anything to do will be excruciatingly hard for me.  Thankfully, I should be able to focus on getting the nursery ready during that time.  I hear its always worse the first time.  Once you've done it, you know what to expect and you'll also have a child at home to help keep you busy.

On a lighter note, I think I decided on bedding.  I like the polka dot pattern (listed below) and I would use it for either a boy or a girl.  It's Dwell Studio from Target and actually listed in the boys bedding section online.

Taylor came again this morning and is almost done hanging the drywall.  Next, he's on to windows and mudding.  It's always crazy to see a room transform, once its done I almost always forget what it looked like originally.  It's so hard to imagine something so nice being so blah.

Well, have a wonderful Monday.  I will update soon with more news or lack thereof :)

2 comments:

  1. Well, just FYI, now I am following you! I am so excited about your baby! I will be praying for you along the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if we are liking to the same bedding is it this....
    http://www.target.com/b/ref=in_br_browse-box/186-1767904-3693903?ie=UTF8&node=2232180011&searchSize=30&searchView=grid5&searchRank=salesrank

    That would be funny. Great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete