Saturday, August 7, 2010

Breathing a Sigh of Relief

Since we now know who our kiddos are, the plan for school has become a bit more complicated.  I had originally signed up for four classes with the option to drop if need be.  According to our agent, the Congolese adoption process takes anywhere from 3 to 5 months to complete.  This could have us picking up our kids in October or not until the beginning of next year.

The decision of whether or not to take classes started to become stressful.  Eric and I decided that online classes would be the best option.  Not matter what, I would be able to finish and be a little closer to the finish line.  I quickly jumped online to find only a handful of classes available.  I was bummed, but I realized that the drop date for classes if tuition wasn't paid was August 5th.  So, first thing Thursday morning I was up checking out what had become available.  To my dismay, no new classes came up.  At this point my level of stress was growing.  I knew that if I kept my in-class lectures, that the boys would come and I would have to get an "incomplete" on all of them, losing our money.  But if I didn't sign up, expecting to get the boys, we wouldn't and I will have wasted an entire semester for nothing.

Then today, as I took a break for my mildly frustrating new sewing machine, I decided, "what the heck" and went online.  Classes GALORE!  Now, I couldn't get all of the classes I originally signed up for, but come August 30th I will be embarking on four.  I have never taken online classes, so I am a little nervous, but I know I will figure it out and do fine.  But you may want to ask me that again once I've started :)

I'm now off to attempt to make sushi.  Wish me luck!  If it doesn't turn out, we've made sure to have a back-up dinner plan.

Have a super weekend!

2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you figured it all out. Life definitely changes once you have little ones to factor into things...but you are already showing how wonderfully you're going to handle it. :) Can't wait to see pics of the little guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for finding classes! And good luck with that sushi. Don't think I could stomach it! Take pics if it turns out!

    ReplyDelete