Saturday, November 6, 2010

Making Lists, Lots and Lots of Lists

I have successfully made it through yesterday and this morning.  I spent almost the entire day on the phone, or booking flights online, corresponding with our agent, and preparing everything for our visa applications.  And because this falls at the worst possible time for Eric's work trip, I spent an hour on the phone with United trying to rebook a flight for someone who is headed to Mexico to replace Eric while he's not there.

So since yesterday I have been making nonstop lists.  I spent the last 24 hours checking and rechecking the list for our visa applications.  If for some reason I missed something I think I am going to scream.  I can't tell you how long I looked at that list.  But now I am just waiting to see.  I mailed the application along with EVERYTHING it needs today.  It's guaranteed to arrive on Monday, then we'll just cross our fingers and possible call a friend who has a friend at the Embassy ;)

After I mailed everything this morning, I spent some more time making lists.  This time I was organizing what homework I want/need to get done this week, what I will have to complete while we travel and what will have to be done once we get back.  Let's just say I doubled the number of post-it notes on my magnet board.

Now I think I may start of list of outfits and necessities that I need to bring with me when we travel.  Since we are now attending an appointment at the Embassy, I have to be conscious of what I wear.  Except when I asked our agent, she said "informal but nice," like a skirt/slacks with a nice top.  But this time should be much easier to pack.  Last time I had to pack for two different temperatures, since we were going to spend time in both the Congo and Germany.  This time, I will only need to be prepared for one day in Belgium.  That will make a lot more room available.  That, and the fact that we will be traveling for fewer days.  

Although I feel a lot better about everything, I know this week is going to be pretty crazy.  Aside from leaving for the Congo, the thought that I will spend the entire day on Saturday crafting with my besties can get a girl through anything :)

Okay, well, I'm off to create that other list.  I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!

1 comment:

  1. So excited for you guys! You're stressing me out with all your lists...but that's just cause I'm not that organized. :) Can't wait to "send you on your way" tomorrow night at church!?!

    ReplyDelete