Saturday, March 5, 2011

Less Free Time Ahead

On Tuesday, I was allowed to enroll for Summer 2011 classes.  My original intent was to enroll for two the first session (May-June) and one in the second (June-August).  All summer classes are accelerated, meaning that there is 15 weeks of work crammed into 7 and you are in class twice as long each week.  My mother and mother-in-law have each offered to watch the boys one day a week so I can take classes on campus.  This is so wonderful, but also got me thinking about the time needed to finish each class with a grade I am proud of.

I was talking with Eric last week about school, and about going back to the gym, which will hopefully happen soon.  The boys are old enough to be admitted in the gym daycare, we're just not sure if they are ready to be watched by strangers.  So, I am currently going about once a week thanks to my mother-in-law.

When I stop and think about how much my days are currently filled, it's hard to imagine adding multiple gym outings, and classes on campus to the mix.  My personality tells me to just go for it, and I will make it work.  But for the sake of my sanity, I have to slow down and really contemplate what these decisions mean.  So, after a lot of thinking and discussions with Eric, I am going to take one class each summer session and try to make it to the gym three times a week.

It's hard not to want the routine you had prior to kids, but the reality is, it may not work anymore.  And I guess that's something that I just need to accept and move on.

And as an act of moving on, here are a few photos of the boys I have taken recently.  Man, they are just so cute...






Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment