Thursday, March 3, 2011

New Food: Chicken Salad

This week's food is more of a lunch recipe, but good nonetheless.  I first had this chicken salad at one of my baby showers and decided that I had to try it myself.  The recipe came from my sister-in-law.  Here it is!


5 cups (4 1/2 breasts) of chicken, cooked and chopped
5 tablespoons of oil
2 tablespoons of orange juice
2 tablespoons white vinegar
2 tablespoons of sugar
1 tablespoon of salt
1 1/2 cups of sliced grapes
1 1/2 cups of chopped celery
13 ounces of crushed or chunk pineapple, drained
1 can of mandarin oranges, drained
1 cup of slivered almonds
1 1/2 cups of miracle whip
3 cups of cooked rice


Mix well and chill.  Yep, that's it.  Just mix and chill.  And this recipe makes a TON of salad.  The bowl above holds just over six cups and I only made half a batch.  Eric loves this chicken salad and takes it to work with him all the time.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment