Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Breathing Easier

This morning, our social worker came and visited our family to see how everything is going.  I wasn't too nervous because I have met her before, and know that we get along pretty well.  But I still had some butterflies in my stomach, probably because it's nerve-racking having someone come in and judge you no matter what.

Overall, though, it went well.  We talked about a lot of things besides the boys, which encourages me that she wasn't too concerned about us.  She's actually very upfront, and if she had cause for concern, she would have brought it our attention.  Either way, I can breathe a little easier now, knowing that I won't have to do that again for another six months.

Now I can focus on Baxter's birthday.  He's turning one on Sunday.  It's so crazy to me.  We're not doing anything big.  Just a cookout party with immediate family.  A part of me wants to throw a big party, but I think I'd rather do something big when they can appreciate it, and remember it.  Honestly, I think I just want an excuse to do a bunch of cute DIY projects.  Although I am going to try and make a banner to decorate with. 

Speaking of that, I should work it out.  That, or do some homework.  Craft or homework?  I know what I should do, and I know what I'd like to do.  Man, I hate these type of choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment