Sunday, May 22, 2011

Happy Birthday Baxter!

As I've said over and over, it's so crazy to think that Baxter is now 1 year old.  My little man is getting so big.  He's a crawling master, and becoming a walking master.  He is starting to try out actual words, and tries to repeat what you say.  He's become such a kid.  To see pictures of him laying around is almost weird.  It's only been a short six months since he's come home, but I already have a hard time imagining what he was like then.  He's such a mover, I can't comprehend a docile version of himself.

Although he tends to be more challenging, he more than makes up for it with his goofy grin and super tight hugs.  He's independent, but always likes to know you are there.  He'll go off and play, but need a squeeze every few minutes or so.  Despite his non-stop energy he somehow can sit, for what seems like forever, looking at books.

In addition to having a hard time remembering his immobile self, I can't remember life without him.  What do you mean, not have kids?!  What do you mean, have all the free time you want?!  What do you mean, run errands whenever?!  Although those are nice things, and I encourage anyone without kids to cherish them, I wouldn't change my life now for a trillion dollars.  He is the light of my life, along with his brother, and every day he reminds me just how lucky I am to have the chance to be his momma.

So, here's to Baxter, on his first birthday.  I love you!





















Now, it's party time!  We're off to feast on delicious food, with great family.  Happy day after the end of the world :)

No comments:

Post a Comment