Monday, May 23, 2011

Weekend Wears

I'm so proud.  This weekend I actually managed to take outfit photos Friday, Saturday and Sunday.  And the best part?!  I did it despite having a very fun, but very busy weekend!  Man oh man, I definitely commend all of the fashion bloggers out there who have outfit posts every day. 

But back to the weekend.  Friday night we had some friends over to cook out.  They brought their little boy, and the kiddos played very nicely together.  After bedtime, the men folk played video games and the ladies made a Starbucks run and spent the entire night out on the deck.  It was such a beautiful day weekend.

Since it was a very relaxed evening, I opted for casual comfort.  Sometimes you just need to be in jeans and a t-shirt, drinking coffee in the warm night. 




Saturday though, was not a jean and t-shirt type of day.  On Saturday I had Katy's (friend/cousin) baby shower, which always calls for looking cute, and dressing up a bit.  At the shower, a lot of people would make comments/compliments about what I was wearing.  I just answered that when you have two small children, a baby shower is as good of a reason as any to dress up :)




Sunday was the biggest day of the weekend.  It was Baxter 1st birthday!  We didn't want to do anything crazy or extravagant, but we still wanted it to be special.  It was a nice party with our parents and siblings (Baxter's grandparents and aunts/uncles).  It was blazing hot.  A scorching 80 degrees, which didn't make sense after a week full of rain and 50 degree weather.  Oh well, I live in Michigan and that's just how we roll here.

And I just realized that the legs came out twice this week.  I guess that comes with July-type weather.  I am not a shorts person, but have to update my summer wardrobe now that the kiddos are here.  Most of my current dresses are either short or strapless, neither being conducive for chasing and picking up small children.  I may or may not have a shopping trip planning in the near future.  We'll just have to wait and see.




Okay, now that I've successfully posted three days worth of outfits, I should probably shower and get dressed.  Yeah, I'm still in my pjs.  Sometimes it's just easier to get ready after the kiddos for down for a nap, but that leaves me in my pajamas way too long for my liking.  But it's either that, or a 6am wake up so I guess I'll settle for my pjs.

Oh, and check back tomorrow.  I'm going to post pictures from Baxter's birthday.  You'll want to come check it out.  Why?  Well, have you seen him, he's super cute.  Who wouldn't want to see him on his birthday, eating cake for the first time?!  And I can say that, because it's not like I'm trying to brag about my own looks.  I had nothing to do with how cute he is ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment