Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The Beginning of the End


This week, I reintroduced yogurt into my diet.  Oh joy, was it delicious.  According to my allergy test, I wasn't sensitive to yogurt, but since I was to some cheeses, the doctor said to avoid all dairy.  And next week I am going to reintroduce some cheese, and then milk.  Once those three are back in my diet, or eliminated depending on how they make me feel, I will start reintroducing foods that actually showed up on my test.

I am not sure of the order, because there are so many I'm itching to eat again.  But there is someone who is much happier about this upcoming event than I am, and that's Eric.  He just keeps telling me that above all he wants me to drink wine again.  Throughout this whole process, he has been affected almost as much as I have, since I try to avoid making meals I can't eat.  

If I end up being sensitive to some, but not all things, I'm going to have to re-train my brain as I think about recipes or look at labels.  Right now, I'm used to looking for so much.  But I will take on that challenge if it means my diet isn't so wacky.  But I guess I'll just have to wait and see.  I'm crossing my fingers.

P.S.  Sorry about that super depressing post yesterday.  I can't deny it's how I felt, but I don't want to be a downer.  I'd rather talk about yogurt  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment