Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Lots I Want to Do

I can't lie.  Lately I've been experiencing a great deal of "bloggers block."  I really don't know what to write about, other than documenting my day or posting photos of the boys.  I just did a kiddo photo post and yesterday wasn't super interesting, so I am at a lose for words.

Over the last few weeks, there have been a lot of things I have been wanting to do, but haven't had the time, or bravery.  I really want to go thrifting and/or garage saling, but just don't  have or haven't found the time.  I also really want to alter things I find at said thrift stores/garage sales.  I want to get another tattoo or two, but can't find the courage or decisiveness to do it.  I want to cut my hair, but again, can't seem to muster the ability to just make an appointment.  I want to take more walks.  It's warm now, and most times sunny, so I just need to get outdoors, even if I do sweat while I'm out.  I want to find a bathing suit I like.  So far, it's been pretty difficult. 

If I sit and think about all these things for too long, I find myself getting down and out.  And I don't want that.  I want to go and do the things I want, but for some reason, always find excuses as to why not.  I definitely need to work on just doing, and stop over-thinking even the smallest decisions.  Maybe that's what I'll try to focus on this week.  Sadly, it takes some conscious effort on my part, but I am going to do my best to get out of this rut I've been in for a little while. 

Sorry to be so depressing.  I never want this blog to become my dumping ground for when I'm bumming out.  But tonight, I just can't seem to shake the feeling.  What do you do to break negative thought patterns?  And get out of mental "ruts?"

No comments:

Post a Comment