Thursday, June 9, 2011

New Food: Veggies & Pasta

Sounds pretty complicated right?  It's not.  It's super easy, and definitely going to be one of my go-to recipes.  It seems so simple, I wonder why I never did it before.  My girlfriend made it, and and figured I had to try it.  The best part is that the kiddos can eat it too, and it won't be too messy.

You can really use whatever veggies you want.  I went with asparagus, broccoli, and bell peppers.  In addition to veggies, you'll need olive oil, salt/pepper, and pasta.


Cut up the veggies into bite size pieces.  I was feeding adults, so I didn't worry too much about making them kid friendly.


Cook the pasta according to the box.  I made regular pasta, as well, as quinoa pasta for me.  These days, I generally use all of my burners at once.  Saute the veggies in olive oil, adding salt and pepper to taste.  Once the pasta is cooked thoroughly and the veggies are soft, it's time to eat.  I let our guests add their own veggies to their pasta, but you could mix everything together ahead of time too.  And my intention was to make some chicken to go with it, but honestly, I forgot.



Sadly, I lost track of taking photos and by the time I thought of it, the food was gone.  I guess everyone thought it was good.  I wouldn't consider that a bad thing.  This is such a super quick, healthy and easy recipe, I think even the most novice cooks can make it.  I did :)

No comments:

Post a Comment