Friday, June 3, 2011

Summertime


I have a love/hate relationship with summer.  I know, I know.  How can I use the word hate in the same sentence as summer, especially when I live in Michigan and summer weather is a rare commodity.  Well, it's like this.  I love the warm weather, but honestly, I hate being too hot.  Michigan summers can not only get scorching, but really humid.  And humidity is just no fun.  Although I do love being outside, taking walks, etc.  But these things generally get pushed to the side as our schedule becomes busier and busier.  In the fall or winter, we would find ourselves with an open weekend that we could fill with whatever we wanted.  Not in the summer.  The summer is all planned out, without any room for spontaneity or a relaxing weekend. 

This weekend is no different.  Every day is filled.  Now, don't get me wrong.  I like staying busy, but sometimes it's nice to have nothing planned.  Although this weekend should be pretty fun.  Tonight, we are walking downtown to an art festival the city puts on every year.  Tomorrow we will return to see Eric's sister dance, and tomorrow evening is a co-ed baby shower for our good friends who are having their second little boy next month.

Oh summer, I love you but I wish you lasted longer so I could do everything I wanted.  Oh well. 

On another note, I feel like it's been a long time since I've posted new pictures of the boys.  Sorry about that.  I am going to try and take some this weekend, as well as our adventure downtown tonight.  Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment