For a while I have been wanting to redo this little blog to make it more appealing and convey who I am a little better, plus, the whole layout's pretty "meh" and could use a little pizazz. So I asked Eric for his help in this endeavor since he's much more creative and understands this process a lot better. After talking to him about it a little, he confessed that for my birthday he was going to buy me a website and help me create exactly what I want for my blog. What a nice husband, right?!
Since then, I have been doing a lot of research and figuring out the type of blog I currently have, the type of blog I want and how to express that to all of you. It's been a really interesting process to say the least. When we began, Eric's goal was to be ready to meet with a designer by my birthday, August 11. I feel like we've made a lot of progress, but there are still a few things I need to figure out before we are ready to go. Like...
1. Figure out a new name - unfortunately, Away We Go is not available in .com and I don't want to get a more obscure domain like .us, .co, etc.
2. Come up with a tag line - It has to encompass everything I'm about in a few short words, and it's much more difficult to do than one would previously expect.
3. Decide on options/pages the site will have - this is mostly finalizing the sites organization
4. Finalize regular features - I have a lot of ideas for regular features, I just have to decide which ones I want to start off with.
5. Obtain necessary additions - Before diving into this new website, I want to have a tripod so I can take photos of myself, and Photoshop so I can make said photos look their best.
Hopefully I will be able to finalize these things within the next couple of weeks, and then it's off to make this unfolding dream a reality (fingers crossed). I'll make sure to update on any changes that will be taking place, and you'll obviously be able to see it once it's up and running. I have never seen the web design process happen before, so this is pretty exciting for me, and I'm super stoked to see how it all turns out.