Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Dad, the Hero

I love how much the boys adore Eric, it's just so precious to see.  They both light up like fireworks when he gets home after work.  Over the last couple of weekends, Eric has been working on replacing a step in front of our house, and the boys would get so excited to watch him from the deck.  Everything he did below interested them, and they would squeal with joy when he would stop working to talk and wave to them.




I think it's so darling when a little boy admires his father and thinks he's the best/toughest/strongest; in a word, he's the little boy's hero.  I know that the boys are going to feel that way about Eric, and with good reason.  Eric is such a great dad and already sets such a good example for both of the boys, why wouldn't they admire him.  I really couldn't ask for a better man to be the father of my children, heck, I look up to and admire him too!




I am looking forward to the day when Eric will be able to teach them things, like how to fix their bike, shoot a basket, build a fort or swim.  And I won't have to worry about getting him to do these things, he's looking forward to it even more than I am, and that just melts my heart :)

No comments:

Post a Comment