Thursday, September 1, 2011

Our Trip Up North - Part 3

On Sunday morning, everyone slept in (as much as possible)  and we lounged around until we were all ready to head to breakfast.  I had never been to this particular restaurant, which surprised Eric, but I told him that when I was a kid, we rarely left the cabin for anything other than the beach or candy store.  I am the oldest child in my family, so taking four young children to a restaurant isn't an easy task, especially when it's just as easy, and cheaper, to make food at the cabin.


This time, since there were seven adults and two children, we thought eating at a restaurant would be pretty manageable.  And plus, the boys are really good in these situations, as long as we pay attention to their needs.  If they have food and water, they're golden.


After breakfast, we went back to do some cleaning and then hit the road.  The boys were beyond tired, and it took about 60 seconds of driving before they were both completely out.  Eric and I took the long way home, dreaming of someday owning a cottage of our home (key word here is "dreaming").


We got home at about 2pm, so we were able to enjoy the rest of our weekend at home, lounging and relaxing as much as the boys would let us, which wasn't much.  This weekend was a lot of fun, but I have definitely begun to understand why parents take adult-only vacations or pay to bring a babysitter along on family ones.  Going on vacation with kids is a lot of work, but most definitely worth it.  So it's safe to say that more trips are guaranteed in our future.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so not a kids person but your boys are so cute and I love catching up on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @fineandfeathered
    Awe, that's so sweet of you to say :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete