Thursday, October 13, 2011

Fighting with Debbie

I wrote last week about all of the things that have been filling my time and taking all of my energy, school, kids, cleaning, etc.  These things are all good things, but as of late it felt like they were consuming more of my time and energy than usual, and it still feels that way.  As a result, my workout routine has suffered, my blogging and even the time I like to take for myself (you know you don't have much free time when you have 150+ unread blog posts on Google Reader).  It seems like when certain things that I feel are important suffer, it starts somewhat of a downward spiral and it's hard to get back to where you were.  

This is especially true for me regarding my workouts.  If I miss a couple days, then I tend to feel gross, which should motivate me to go all the more, but tends to make me miss even more days and before you know it, it's been a month.  Thankfully, it hasn't been that long and I have only missed two days but still, that fear of becoming complacent in something I don't want can be really scary.  

But don't fear, all will be fine and I will figure things out very soon, hopefully.  I am working on figuring out ways to optimize my time so I can make sure to fit in everything that is most important to me.  I think it's just going to take a little more organization and preparation on my part, which I honestly don't mind (routine and organization could be considered some of my "passions").  

Have you ever been in a rut, but essentially got over it?  What was it and what did you do?  I feel like every so often I tend to get into ruts, but if I can keep moving forward and work at what's frustrating then everything usually works out fine and I don't foresee this particular rut being any different.

No comments:

Post a Comment