On the bandwagon that is.
Mandy, over at Harpers Happenings opened up the 10 Things quiz going around to whoever and I can't help but want to join. All you do is list 10 random things about yourself and then answer ten questions by the person you're following.
1. I absolutely love taking quizzes. Any kind, obviously.
2. Eric was my first and last real boyfriend. The three weeks in middle school don't really count.
3. I can't stand spiders.
4. I love school. At least the learning aspect, not so much the homework part.
5. And if I love learning, it only makes sense that I would also have a love for This American Life and Radiolab, two of my favorite NPR shows. I would choose to listen to NPR all the time if my kids didn't prefer something with a beat.
6. I can sing almost every Disney song, at the least the movies up until Toy Story. I rocked out to the Lion King soundtrack on the regular during elementary school.
7. If talent existed, my dream would be to perform on broadway. Preferably musicals.
8. I could eat roasted vegetables for every meal, I love them that much.
9. I loved watching movies long before I married my film-making husband.
10. I have a pretty addictive personality, so I have had to delete twitter and facebook off my phone. But I can't give up Instagram, I just love it too much.
1. Have you ever met someone famous?
No, and I'm really okay with that. I've never been one to get starstruck, except maybe when I was 13 and if the heavens opened and I had met Hanson. Then maybe.
2. What is your happiest childhood memory?
Oh, I don't think I could pinpoint one, but a very happy memory took place at a baseball game. My cousin and I were best friends, and it was our dream to be twins. But you see, I was tall and strawberry blonde and she was short and brunette, so this dream coming true was not in our favor. But at this particular baseball game, while wearing our matching outfits (we had several), someone asked if we were twins. Ecstatic wasn't even close to how we felt. There was running and screaming back to our parents and probably some flailing as we recounted what happened. It was a pretty great day.
3. Favorite album of all time?
Probably the Grease soundtrack. I could sing every line and constantly was reenacting scenes from the movie. And if it comes on, you'll catch me singing along and I'll probably have a goofy grin on my face.
4. Are you a salty or sweet lover?
I love both, but if I had to choose, I'd say sweet.
5. What is your favorite guilty pleasure TV show or movie?
The New Girl with Zooey Deschanel. I get eye-rolls from Eric any time he catches me watching it, followed by, "you really think this is funny?!"
6. Describe your favorite sandwich.
Oh man. A local restaurant here makes a grilled cheese of feta, goat cheese and cream cheeses with a drizzle of olive oil and cracked pepper. Yum!
7. What was your first pet?
A black and white rabbit named Carrot.
8. What is your biggest accomplishment thus far in life?
Adopting my two boys, Baxter and Atticus, from the DRC.
9. What is the first blog you started reading?
Under the Sycamore. I read it long before I even discovered the glorious powers of Google Reader.
10. If you had to choose one dessert for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Ice cream. I don't think I'd ever get sick of it.