Friday, July 13, 2012

Moonrise Kingdom

I seriously loved this movie you guys, seriously.  I wasn't in love with Darjeeling Limited or even Fantastic Mr Fox, but this one, I really, really liked.  I loved the story, the cinematography, the style, even the font for the opening and closing credits.

The story revolves around a young boy and girl on a small island.  She lives there, he is there at khaki scouts camp for the summer.  They bond over their inability to fit in with everyone else and decide to run away together.  Wes Anderson gathers lots of talent (Edward Norton, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis, Tilda Swinton, Francis McDormand and Jason Schwartzman), and I love every single one of them in their particular role.

I think the film was a little bittersweet for Eric, since he has had a feature film written for the past 8 years that is very similar to this film (style, era, even a camp).  Now, if he gets to make it, it may seem like a copycat, although is was an original idea.  Despite this, he still enjoyed the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment