Thursday, May 19, 2011

New Food: Chicken, Quinoa & Peas

It's not a very elaborate name, but the taste makes up for it.  I have had most of the ingredients for this recipe for a while.  I just haven't found the time to make it.  But last night, I changed all that, and I'm sure glad I did.  And it's a very easy recipe to make.  It will definitely be on my list of "go to" meals.

I think this is one of the first recipes I haven't had to alter because of my food allergy investigation.  Well, enough talking about it. 

As always, the original is HERE.


1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken (I chopped mine into bite-size pieces)
1 teaspoon paprika
1 cup of uncooked quinoa
1 1/2 cups of chicken stock (I used broth)
24 oz. of pasta sauce (I used my homemade pasta sauce)
10 oz. of frozen peas, thawed


Heat oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat.  Add chicken and cook until well browned on both sides.  Remove chicken and keep skillet warm.


Add paprika and quinoa to the skillet and stir to coat. 



Stir in stock and sauce.  Heat over medium-high heat to a boil.  Reduce heat to medium.  Cover and cook for 15 minutes, or until quinoa is tender. 


Stir in peas.  Return chicken to skillet and cooked until cooked through.



And there you have it.  Easy-peasy.  And let me tell you, it was definitely delicious.  It makes a good deal too, which makes for delicious left overs.  I love left overs.  Sometimes I don't know what to make for lunch, since it's just me, but when there's left overs, there's no wondering.

Hey, if anyone tries any of the recipes I feature here, I'd love to here how they turned out for you, and what ones you liked/disliked.  Oh, and if you have any you'd like to recommend, please, please do!  I am constantly looking for new things to try, especially things I can eat.  So please pass them along.  It would make me a very happy camper :)

No comments:

Post a Comment